Pre-Discharge Debtor Education Course
DMCC has designed this Debtor Education Course with your ease and convenience in mind.
- Online course available 24/7
- Certificates available within one business day
- Only $25 for single or joint filers, online or in-person
- Prepayment not required to take course
- Easy registration, easy navigation and easy to understand
You may pay for the course before or after you complete it. You will receive your certificate after completion and payment.
For registration and payment instructions, please click HERE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about this course.
You can find us on the “List of Approved Providers of Personal Financial Management
Instructional Courses (Debtor Education) Pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 111” by clicking HERE
* Mandatory disclaimer: Approved by the U. S. Trustee office to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of a Provider’s service.
The federal government has a Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) which offers an opportunity for struggling homeowners to stay in their homes by modifying their monthly mortgage payments to make them more affordable. The United States Trustee Program has taken a number of steps to make sure that homeowners in bankruptcy are aware that HAMP may be an option to help them keep their homes. Through a one-page fact sheet that is made available to debtors in both English and Spanish, as well as a listing of frequently asked questions also available in Spanish (click below for either of these) and an informational video that is available on the HAMP website.
As an approved credit counseling agency, DMCC is in a unique position to be able to ensure that distressed homeowners are made aware of the potential benefits of HAMP. For more information about the United States Trustee Program please visit https://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/public_affairs/consumer_info/index.htm. For additional information on the Making Homes Affordable visit https://makinghomeaffordable.gov. Here you will find detailed information about HAMP, including an eligibility self-assessment tool.