Debt Management Credit Counseling Corp. (“DMCC”) is a Florida nonprofit corporation located at 1330 SE 4th Avenue Suite F, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. DMCC has been recognized as a 501(c)3 public charity by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service since September 1999. The organization employs certified credit counselors to provide its program services, including financial education, counseling and debt consolidation plans. The corporate officers and directors of DMCC are as follows:
|Phil Heinemann||President and Executive Director|
|Shannon Schaffer||Vice President and Director|
|William Kalaf||Treasurer and Director|
|Carol O’Brien||Secretary and Director|
Our mission is to provide consumers education and budget counseling to improve their financial literacy and assist them in the management of their personal finances. We are committed to providing credit counseling through educational programs and materials, personal budgeting, and debt management plans to financially distressed consumers, while maintaining fiscal integrity and utilizing the highest quality standards in the industry.
- Financial Education
- Personal Budget Counseling
- Debt Management Plans
- Bankruptcy Counseling and Education
- Housing Education & Counseling
- Community Services
At the core of DMCC’s charitable mission is the provision of free financial education to the public and our debt management plan clients.
Education is provided free of charge via seminars at high schools and community centers, a proprietary financial literacy program, and a vast array of online and printed materials.
DMCC conducts free educational seminars in community centers throughout South Florida. We have taught people of all ages about how the financial decisions they make today can affect them for years to come. All seminars are available in English and Spanish. Seminars are for adult education and the homeless.
Debt, Money & Credit Concepts is a financial literacy course written and published by DMCC. The course is provided free to High School students and the general public in both online and printed workbook versions. Debt, Money & Credit Concepts consists of 12 modules designed to improve financial skills and decision making, including:
- Savings: Be ready for the future.
- Paying with plastic: Learning the wise use of credit cards.
- Hold my money: Everyday banking.
- Buying vs. leasing automobiles
DMCC publishes a variety of materials in both English and Spanish that contain timely and useful educational information. All materials are provided free of charge either online, by email or in print.
- Financial Articles
- HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency
- U.S. Trustee Approved Bankruptcy Provider
- Bureau Veritas ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- BBB of Southeast Florida (A+ Rating)
- Financial Counseling Association of America
- National Association of Certified Credit Counselors
- National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.