Cool and heat your home efficiently
1. Cool your home at 78 F or warmer with the thermostat fan switched to auto. For additional savings, raise your thermostat to 82 F or warmer when you’re away.
2. Heat your home at 68 F or cooler with the thermostat fan switched to auto. To save even more, lower your thermostat to 65 F or cooler at bedtime or when you’re away from home.
3. Install a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature automatically and maximize your energy savings. It also helps to maintain a comfortable temperature when you wake up or return home.
4. Clean or replace your air conditioner’s filter regularly to help your unit run more efficiently and trim cooling costs.
5. Turn off your ceiling fan when you leave the room. A fan that runs all the time costs up to $7 a month.