5 Things you should always buy bulk
So if you decide to take the plunge and sign up for the membership, you’ll want to take full advantage of the best bulk-buying opportunities these stores have to offer. Here, then, are the things you should always aim to buy in bulk.
1. Toilet paper – meets the main criteria for bulk-buying: It doesn’t go bad, you’re always going to need it and you use it all the time. Just make sure you have room for it in your house, and that you buy a brand that you and your family actually like.
2. Bottled beverages – rather than buying individual bottles for $1.50 each, instead buy a 12-pack for $6.
3. Diapers – buying a 100-pack of diapers might sound daunting – in addition to the logistics of fitting it in your car and then finding room in your house, it also reminds you that you’ll be changing 100 diapers in the coming weeks. Still, it is still less expensive than buying less diapers at your local store.
4. Dog food and treats – try a 14-pound box of large Milk-Bone treats, which can be had for around $10 and which is enough to last for two dogs for half a year. Also buy rawhide dog chews in bulk, but be aware they don’t last as long in the house.
5. Laundry detergent – buying laundry detergent in bulk, usually means two giant containers of liquid or powdered soap sold together. To make the most of your purchase, follow the instructions and moderate your usage.